Our mission is to provide an authentic Montessori education that emphasizes the whole child within an environment that inspires the pursuit of academic excellence and the development of socially responsible citizens.
As a non-profit organization, the Kawartha Montessori School has a Board of Directors that is committed to the KMS Mission. The board is responsible for governance with special attention to the needs of a Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators accredited Montessori school and its program, while conducting its business in a financially and ethically responsible way for a not-for-profit school.
Our Guiding Principles
At KMS we…
- Nurture independence, self-esteem and empathy
- Inspire curiosity and love of learning
- Enrich an individual’s knowledge, skills and work
- Challenge each child to reach their potential
- Create an inclusive community that celebrates diversity and respect
To be the leader of authentic Montessori education in Peterborough and the Kawarthas.